• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire 5770 2D artifacts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattsterMH

I just got a new rig intended for multimonitor use. I got the Intel i7 930 with Asus p6x58d, 8 gigs gskill ram, and 2 sapphire vapor-x 5770's.

For some reason when I install the display drivers, I get artifacts all over the screen. I did find a fix for it at this page

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=129611

which basically has me set up an overclocked profile. The thing is I really had no intention of overclocking, I am using this computer primarily for day trading and just wanted it to run cool and efficiently. However now at idle the top GPU runs at like 60 degrees, and at load its in the 80s. It was advertised at 40 degrees so I am somewhat disappointed. I have the Antec 1200 case so it should not an issue of airflow.

Also I have never set up a crossfire connection, but it seemed straightforward enough and I just placed the ribbon on the cards to connect them and enabled crossfire in the ati settings. I am not sure what is causing this artifact crap but it is ****ing me off. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
M

MattsterMH

Hey thanks I was able to fix it. It was the problem described in the link I posted and the solution worked, so then what I did was disable overdrive and that solved the heat problem. All is well