• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire HD5770 O/C Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sweefu

Hey all,
i ordered a Sapphire HD5770 from my normal computer guy, but they sent him the overclocked edition, with vapour x cooling, and i got it for the same price.
Can someone please outline the main differences for me and tell me about the vapour x cooling? Is it any better than the stock hd5770 card?
... should i be unhappy or happy haha..

Thankyou.

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
You should be happy!! It will come slightly overclocked and it should run cooler and quieter than the stock cooler... if you are getting it for the same price i wouldnt complain!!

Lavacon

Yeah, what he said :)

Good deal!!! Cooler, more quiet, can't go wrong at the same price.... unless it came with a mogwai.... Don't get it wet!!!

OP
sweefu

sweefu

haha thanks for the help here guys, looks like i'm happy then!
So far, idle 39 full load 59 in 29degree ambient..

So going well :D
Thanks for the help

720x770

my OC'd v2 runs a little cooler...although I do have a rather beefy case fan perpendicular to the card that flows air down the front and the back of the card at the same time.

100% fan = 27c idle, 59c load
--
20% fan = 30c idle, 70c load

only time I got 39c idle is when the heatsink and fan were starting to get dust buildup.

can't help but think you could get yours a little cooler.

more info about vapor-x...

A liquid coolant is vaporized at a hot surface, the resulting vapor is condensed at a cold surface then the liquid is returned to the hot surface. The recirculation process is controlled by a patented wick system. The Vapor-X flattens the whole system into a slim chamber in which the cooling surface is in direct contact with the surface of the graphics chip.

plus vapor-x usually have heatsinks on the memory.

other thoughts: me want mogwai!

Last edited: