• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA hard drive for PATA interface?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ovilialee

Hi, all
SATA problem here, I have acquired IBM R61i, on which FreeBSD is reported to work very well. However, the hard drive interface is PATA (IDE) and my current hard drive appears to be failing. I was wondering if anyone could recommend an adapter for the different SATA interfaces, e.g., M.2, mSATA.

The IBM also has the following interfaces:
One integrated, easy-loading modular Ultraba
One ExpressCard slot and one PC Card (Type-II) slot
One PC Card (Type-II) slot and one Smart Card slot
But I am not sure whether any of them could accommodate SATA hard drive.

Anyone has ideas? Thank you in advance!

That Thinkpad already has a sata port. just buy an SSD, mirror your data from the old hard drive to the SSD, and replace the hard drive with an SSD.

(G{in}[AK)TION];8167476 said:
That Thinkpad already has a sata port. just buy an SSD, mirror your data from the old hard drive to the SSD, and replace the hard drive with an SSD.
Thank you very much for your reply. It turns out that I am a moron, who misread the specifications because when I opened the hard-drive bay to check the thickness, I discovered that the drive is SATA.

Back