• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sata into k8u-x mobo help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pinky33

I am upgrading my dads old 40gig HD to a new WD 250gig ( RE3 WD2502ABYS-01B7A0 )

his mobo is a k8u-x
http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=9A2K9jFcnqjqzAZr

looks like it has the ULI M1689 sata driver chipset

So the new HD is sata300 and the controller can only see sata150 from what I have been told. I can try to change the hd to sata150, but don't know how.

or

When installing winxp I can press f6 to install drivers for sata, but I CAN NOT FIND THE DRIVERS TO LOAD TO A floppy. Help with finding what drivers to load onto a floppy would be so helpfull.

-pinky

OP
pinky33

pinky33

Thank you. I actually found the cd drivers that came with the mobo. Used the cd to make a floppy and did the whole f6 thing. Installed winxp, but during windows loading screen I get blue screen. I am doing it again and trying something a little different to see if it works

The link you have for me looks like a newer version so I will try that next. Although I have not tried it yet, will I have any difficulty moving that 10.2MB to a floppy. Anything I should know?

thanks again

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
You don't need to extract the entire contents of the *.zip to a floppy, only the files contained within the SATA folder.