• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Save My Data

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

captain_sHiFTy

i just installed a new mobo, and found out the hard way that windows xp doesnt like it when you change the motherboard. so i had to reinstall windows so i could back up all my files, but now my "my documents" folder is denying me access to it.

HELP! i have a ton of important files in that folder that i need, and its saying i dont have permission to access it.

anybody have any idea on how to get at my files?

i have windows xp home edition btw. i think i just clicked "make this folder private so that only you can access it" in the sharing tab.

ARG
ok im officially freaking out. i really need the files saved in there. i have some school projects saved, as well as some website stuff.
both im in dire need of, and both i need soon :S

can someone PLEASE help me out?

what i think i did is i turned "make this folder private" on in the sharing/security tab. this is my OLD my documents folder, from a previous installation of windows (before i installed my new mobo).

PLEASE HELP!!!!!<sobs of frusteration>

You'll need to boot into Safe mode (press F8 after POST, and then click Safe mode), log on as Administrator, and take ownership of the directory...

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name> :)

Last edited:
ok, i ll try that in a sec.

i got the blaster worm AGAIN. EVERY time i reformat i get it when i activate windows. f*cking microsoft. im ready to carve gate's heart out with a spoon right now.

anybody know if a new blaster is out or somn? my old blaster worm fixes dont seem to be finding it

Ot Keep yor self from getting the Blaster worm. Install windows and your FIREWALL then connect your computer to the network and download the windows updates.

It works for me.

Back