• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED saving caddis ch5-f-z from bios 2201

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I updated one of my ch5-fz boards to bios 2201 by mistake again, it will not let me back date........again.
I have done this before and can't remember the work around........

see post #11 for the fix!!!!!

Last edited:
I updated one of my ch5-fz boards to bios 2201 by mistake again, it will not let me back date........again.
I have done this before and can't remember the work around........
Is this specific to the CHV F-Z CD? I've never had an issue going back to a BIOS.

I know I parked my notes on one of the forums somewhere, but I can't find them again, so I guess I get to spend some time re-re-inventing the wheel...........
this bios borks all my usb on this board and fries all my usb devices.

Hey C_D use the special port on the back with a fat32 stick and the BIOS you want. All you have to do is push the recycle button. The file needs to be labeled CH5Z.cap or rom can't remember but take a look in the manual. It's easy peasy

it is specific to THIS ch5-fz.
I can't plug a flash drive into the board, it roasts it if I leave it in to long. here is a screen shot of what it tells me when I try to update the bios.
this flash drive burned my hand when I shoved it in and jerked it out real quick and it was only in long enough to be written to.......

Attachments

• 160311183140.png
    160311183140.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 40
Caddi, the USB row that has the most in it is the right one. Stick it in the bottom spot. Then press the button that looks like the recycler. i swear it'll work. Might be the link button but you'll know a LED will start to flash down by the BIOS chip.

johan, I think your right.
I have two more flash drives so two more shots tonight..........
off I go!!!!!

johan, I think your right.
I have two more flash drives so two more shots tonight..........
off I go!!!!!

Not to pat myself on the back or anything but I have been in just about every nook and cranny of the CHVz

SAVED!!!!!!!!!
every thing I own that was usb is now junk, but this old board is saved!!!!!!!
here's how.
format a flash drive.
extract your bios to the flash drive.
rename the bios file to CH5FZ.cap.
shut system down.
insert flash drive into the rog connect slot.
press and hold the rog connect button till it starts flashing.
when it stops flashing remove the flash drive and reboot.
on first boot it will write the bios and reboot.

Attachments

• bios.PNG
    bios.PNG
    86.7 KB · Views: 57
you nailed it!!!!!
but, I lost more usb stuff than just buying another board would have cost......................

OK, I told you before C_D that everclear won't make them go faster. Seriously though what did you do to them?

on this board, with bios 2201 it just fries everything usb.
a flash drive will burn your hand, I'm talking hot!!!!!!

2201 just effs it all up, you should see the vcore, 1.6 in bios.
all fan headers are wfo and I can set them, but on boot all the fan ports are still wfo, reboot and all the fan settings are where I set them in the bios.
as soon as I had installed 2201 and rebooted and my keyboard and mouse were dead I remembered the last time I had used this bios, it just killed stuff.

WOW that's messed up. Did you complain to ASUS. They should know about something like that!

Back