• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Saving files from a cd to a computer (im an idiot)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonicAardvark

So, how? I don't want low quality mp3 crap, how do I save it in wav? I've searched the forum, tried it myself, I just can't figure it out (hence me being an idiot). Thanks in advance.

repo man11

I've never tried to convert back to wav from MP3, but I believe that Cdex can do that. Get it here http://www.surf.to/cdex . I have used it for ripping MP3's, it works well. Thanks to Reddeathdrinker for mentioning it in another thread.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
There's several pieces of software on the net that will let you 'rip' your CD. Of these, almost all will include an MP3 encoder, and some will let you save directly to a wave file (like you want). The one I personally use is Audiograbber. It will let you do exactly what you want.

JigPu

john240sx

if you just want to archive the cd (and don't care aobut listening to it) then just make an image of the cd. (Nero, winiso or Clonecd would work well)

Luie

Hi!
I've tried it last year.
Sadly, I forgot the program's name. I got it from download.com...
(sorry, not helpful...)

BUT!!!
I'll tell you this first before you waste your time:
The quality of the music is no longer good if the quality of the MP3 is already bad. eg <128kBPS.

If you want quality...converting it back to wav would not be smart.
IMO, I would only convert it to .wav if the program need .wav to transform to .cda. (Music for me in the car.:D )

ps. When I convert MP3 to .wav is when I use "Audiograbber" to make .cda for the CDs that can be played in *my* car.:)

KLowD9x

www.winamp.com go to the old plugins page, and look for cda to wav or something along those lines. You can download a driver that will let you copy the WAVs directly off of the CD, no program needed. And, you can select different qualities!

Status
Not open for further replies.