• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Saw a fan at Radio Shack.......92mm and 120mm that was 110v.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadow ÒÓ

Mod in Hiding
curiousity got the better of me so I ripped the box open and walked to the nearest wall socket I could find before they could catch me.

The thing weighed about 400 pounds and was solid metal, but once it spun up, it was incredibly quiet and had a very nice air flow. Anyone seen any reviews or know any information on them? I'd love to hear they're great and use them instead of sucking more power out of my psu.

Yes, I have a couple of those fans you're talking about.

They really are quite impressive. Make sure you have a fan grill. :) Those blades don't joke around.

Shadow ÒÓ (Jul 01, 2001 04:00 p.m.):
curiousity got the better of me so I ripped the box open and walked to the nearest wall socket I could find before they could catch me.

The thing weighed about 400 pounds and was solid metal, but once it spun up, it was incredibly quiet and had a very nice air flow. Anyone seen any reviews or know any information on them? I'd love to hear they're great and use them instead of sucking more power out of my psu.

the CMF is 65. I have a radio shack fan also and the thing weighs a ton. like its made out of lead or somethin!!!

is the 65 for the 92? How loud are they compared to some other 92s out there?

its 65 for the 120 and its reel quiet. Its also all metal with no plastic, supposed to attract heat and act as a heatsink for your case. kinda expensive though (20.00)

is 65 cfm good because I have 120mm fans that are load as hell and they put out 126 cfm. If they are that impressive I I will buy some of those. Is it worth buying or should I keep my loud 126cfm fans

While you are at iit, look at the 120mm DC fans that spin at 3000 RPMS and move 85CFM. Quite quiet and veryeasy to add to your system

I have 3 of the 120mm AC fans from the Shack. They have been in use in a water cooling system for over a year now and work great. I have 1 blowing in the side of the case and 2 pulling air through a rad at the top of the case. I still should get 1 more to replace the 120mm DC panflow intake in the lower front but it works good and I have been to lazy to do so. They Shack fans are very quiet and if I remember correct the 65cfm stated above is about right. It is nice when you can have a substantial amount of airflow through the case and yet have very little noise. When I first installed them I was a little bit concerned about interferance form th AC fans but I have never had any problems.

Has anyone ever tried the DC shack fan cause i saw one in there and was wondering if it was worth a shot?

Ive been using the 4" (105mm) 120 ac fan from radio shack for close to 2 years now and its always worked great. Ham operators also use these fans in homemade amps so they stand up to heat pretty well. Unfortunately the prices went up on the fans.

120vac fans

4" (105mm)
65 CFM
2200 RPM
38 db
$22.99

3" (80mm)
32 CFM
3100 RPM
38db
$19.99

12v fans

120mm
85 CFM
3000 RPM
48db

80mm
26cfm
? RPM
35dv

60mm
14.5 CFM
3200 RPM
24db

blower
10 CFM
2600 RPM
36db

Hope that helps. You cant hear the 38db fans unless you get your ear right up next to them.

CSaddict (Jul 07, 2001 10:07 a.m.):
Has anyone ever tried the DC shack fan cause i saw one in there and was wondering if it was worth a shot?

If you are talking about the 120mm one, yes I have it and performs more than adequate for my Intel rig. I siliconed most all the holes in my generic case that didn't need to be there. My case is a full size ATX case and has a row of holes 1 inch wide and the height of the case. You can feel significant airflow coming thru these holes. This is from 1 fan. Plus spinning at only 3000rpm keeps the noise down.

Back