• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SB audigy help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dougan

I have the audigy gamer, when i instal it from the cd it says after reboot, that there is no sound card installed and its not configured or something similar then wont work i have reinstalled it 3 times now pulling the card so forth. It installs everything but dont work any ideas please?
Thank you!

Dougan said:
I have the audigy gamer, when i instal it from the cd it says after reboot, that there is no sound card installed and its not configured or something similar then wont work i have reinstalled it 3 times now pulling the card so forth. It installs everything but dont work any ideas please?
Thank you!

Have you tried different slots?

also did you make sure you uninstalled the old card and disabled any onboard audio n the bios?

I figured it out

It did this to me before when i first bought the card, i just reinstalled windows and it did it again so was just curious as to why it might be doing it. I loaded it all up and works fine now, is just real sensitive it seems. Thank you all!

I had this EXACT same problem...The way I got it working correctly is (you may not want to do this...) I formatted my HDD..(it didnt have much on it anyway..) and i had to install THE SOUNDCARD DRIVER BEFORE my VIDEO DRIVER...believe it or not...it works fine when I do it that way...

It may also depend on your O/S. It should work ok out of the box for 98, 2000 (maybe), but definately for XP you will have to download patches from Creative Labs for XP.

Back