• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SBLive or get a new Audigy and if so which one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I love my SBLive..it has worked great for over 3yrs now. Getting a new system..super sweet and fast once I build it.

SO, I have heard of the noise cracklin issue w/nForce2 chipset w/onboard sound on some mobos, my type included. So, if I need to get a new card, keep my SBLive??? OR go with an Audigy and if so which one??

I only have 2.1 speaker system, and probably will not get anythign more than than for at least a yr or more.

Be glad to hear your thoughts..on the advantages of the Audigy series over the SBLive...strictlyuse my comp. for gaming and just playing MP3 nothing more.

Maxvla

i don't think you will really get enough improvment from the live to the audigy without upgrading your speakers to warrant the expense of a new card. unless you need EAX i'd pocket the money and spend it on something else. :)