• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scanner is really starting to tick me off...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stockhatch

Ok, so I have this old Microtek scanner(parallel port) and I can install it and it will work flawlessly. Then a few days later I try to scan something and Omnipage cant see it any more. Its like it uninstalls itself after a couple days!!!! Its done this several times and Im going to show it my appreciation with physical violence if I cant fix it. The OS is XP Pro, and the device is a Microtek Scanmaster V310. The system sees it as a SCSI device when its working, but I hear this is normal when using multiple devices on one parallel port(my printer is on the same port). It seem that even rebooting does nothing. Like I said, Its as if the scanner just uninstalls itself after a couple of days. Windows wont see it either. Man it gets me irrate!! :mad:

Any help is appreciated.

AC

OP
stockhatch

stockhatch

Hmmmm. Ok. So its just kinda luck that it works for a couple days then huh? That sucks. I guess if I need to scan Ill just have to reinstall it each time lol.

Thanks

AC