• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screen blacks out for a couple seconds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

When I am running full screen applications, my screen will sometimes go black for a few seconds. I am running a 1070ti. Driver updates have not fixed this and I am running on prefer max power mode. I am running a 144hz freesync monitor with gsync enabled.

Does it change if you set it back to optimal power?

Does it still happen if you disable G-sync on your FS monitor? Is your monitor on Nvidia's FS approved list for running G-sync? Which Acer model exactly? I have a Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU (27" 1440 144/165Hz).

Actually, I set my refresh rate to 120hz instead of 144hz and that seems to be working alright for me for the moment. I did see older posts about setting the "Content type reported to the display" from "Auto-select (recommended)" to "Desktop programs" in Nvidia settings, but couldnt find that in the current version.

This makes me think it is a problem with my GPU/Display port cable because this happened on two separate 144hz freesync monitors

hey i was gonna say check the cables i have seen this happen at work on a couple machines tried various software fixs but it ended being a cable.

Back