• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screwed By Performance-Pcs and Dangerden!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thideras said:
I think that last part was way over the line...but I did get a nice laugh from it...

I still would not have done that, your burned bridges...bad things to do...:beer:

It seems to me that the retailer is the one who burned their bridges. Retailers are a dime a dozen; customers are priceless.

While saving themselves the wholesale cost of a single small radiator, Performance PC/Danger Den has alienated a customer, losing all future sales from them. Furthermore, the consequential raft of negative publicity created by this action has alienated a potential large customer base, which could potentially result in the loss of tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I'll personally never do business with them, and it's likely that others here may follow suite. I've seen so many companies with this terrible attitude towards customer service crash and burn over the past 10 years or so it's not even funny.

The customer's always right, even when they're wrong.

hafa said:
The customer's always right, even when they're wrong.

it really depends on the type of situation involved. i mean, if i burned up something on purpose to get new parts would i be in the right? i dont think so

Thanks for posting this, I won't be doing business with either of these companies. They showed unprofessionalism both in the way they composed those emails and in the way that they treated you.

gangaskan said:
it really depends on the type of situation involved. i mean, if i burned up something on purpose to get new parts would i be in the right? i dont think so

While the rhetorical statement does deal in absolutes, the attitude it represents is far more important than a literal interpretation.

If the retailer and manufacturer would have approached the situation from that standpoint, they would have:

1. Been unfailingly polite
  2. Attempted to come to some sort of compromise without admitting guilt nor blaming the customer
  3. Ensure that ALL correspondence received a reply within 24 hours

This is called professionalism and goes a long way towards creating good will and customer loyalty. Look at the way Logitech handles warranties: You call with a problem, they try to help you fix it, and if they fail to do so, send you a new product, no questions asked and don't even ask you to return the old product. Logitech is the leader in the industry not only due to their superior products and excellent pricing, but primarily due to their phenomenal customer service and support. Other companies would do well to emulate their model.

Amen hafa!! I just wanted what I paid for and/or some kind of timely and professional resolution. That not what I got. Both compaines ignored my communications, blamed me, and refused to offer any compromise. That kind of attitude just doesn't work for me.

I was about to place an order from DD for my new P35 system I'm building. That email they sent you is just jaw-dropping. I'll be buying my parts elsewhere, and if nobody has what I want, I'll stay on air cooling before I buy a damn thing from them.

I deleted my cart/wishlist I had picked out and sent the following email to them:

Figured I would point you in the direction of a post on Overclockers.com Forums regarding your company:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=518385

I admit that mgoode's email to you was a bit scathing, but rightfully so with that long a delay. The reply from your customer service rep was amazingly awful.

Also, it's noted in the thread that he used exactly the screws he should have. The damage he's describing couldn't have been caused by the wrong screw in the first place, and he (and others in the forums) have enough experience with watercooling to know what to use. You're just jumping at a typo to have an excuse to not replace the part.

Regardless, I wanted to bring this to your attention so hopefully some kind of apology can be made to him for the complete lack of service. I've used your products in rigs before and had planned a large order for my new C2D build, but will be buying elsewhere and will recommend others do so as well until this situation is rectified.

I should add that I've had an OK history with DangerDen, although I had a questionable RMA with them once (wrong radiator shipped, they cross-shipped the correct model but wouldn't accept the initial radiator due to bent fins, even though I believe it arrived in that manner).

But really, no company has a right to send a response like that. It lacks professionalism. DangerDen will lose at least a few sales because they refused to help out one customer.

I worked in retail for awhile, and I'd take just accept a return from just about any person returning something for the first time. But the second time someone walked in with a return, I gave things a little more scrutiny. DD should have recognized that helping you out, even if they believed you damaged the product, would have benefited them more in the long run.

hafa said:
It seems to me that the retailer is the one who burned their bridges.
I totally agree with you here, but the thing is, mgoode kinda pushed them...and they pushed back :beer:

If I have any problems with customer service, what is the first thing I do? Call them. It is much harder to ignore someone when they are on the phone with you :beer:

Also, staying completely professional through the whole thing makes it MUCH easier to deal with. Believe me, I worked at a support desk, it is very irritating to get a customer call/email where they fly completely off the handle with little or no reason. Not saying mgoode is that way :beer:

Thanks for everyones support. I just recieved an email from the president of DangerDan. I will let you know how this all works out.

thideras - You are right I did push them and yes I was being a total smart-*** in my last email:)

But only after 7 weeks of them blaming me and ingoring my emails and I did try calling several times.

Hello everyone...I was pointed to this thread and wanted to open up a two way discussion on this type of occurrence as Danger Den wants a customer to have the best experience with us.

Below I have the letter I just sent to mgoode.

First and Formost - Danger Den did not send that email...it was actually the retailer and I was cc'd on it...thus how I know of all this plus some digging into it. We have a very high standard of Customer Service Requirements at Danger Den and strive to be polite, helpful, and fair.

Danger Den really is stuck in the middle with this situation. We are not the seller and we are not the manufacturer in this case. Mgoode is correct as we do have hi radiator and we can send it to him or Thermochill. We didn't have any feed back from the buyer or seller on what to do...again a strange "in the middle" spot for us.

Please if anyone ever has any issues with Danger Den please contact us. We will work with you to come up with a good solution and get you back to cooling.

BTW: We will be adding a new Support Ticket system to help with any pre-sale and after sales questions. Since it will be ticket based there will be no lost emails in webspace, or no missed emails by the support group.

DD Email Responce:

Michael,

I would like to discuss with you a couple things and have also included the Thermochill group Steve and Marci in this also…

I’d like to clear up the confusion on this last email as Danger Den wasn’t the company that sent it.

We act as an intermediary for Thermochill in the US. Anything regarding sales and support we inspect before sending on to Thermochill.

The delay in response from Danger Den is the fact a retailer does need to send the item back for inspection. We didn’t know when the radiator had been sent to us and there wasn’t a Danger Den RMA numbers associated with the radiator thus causing a delay. As soon as Debbi located the radiator she tested it out and emailed you.

The radiator test showed two puncture points directly behind two fan hole locations (please view the movie link below). This is normally associated with fan screw mounting hardware being too long and puncturing the tubes.

If you like, we can send it on to the Thermochill group to inspect also to determine the source of the punctures…maybe it is possible it happened on the manufacturing side. I do not know how the shrouds are assembled. *Note* I have never seen this happen yet though. If Steve and Marci have any comments they’ll let us all know.

Danger Den strives hard to please every customer of ours and ensure the order process is as easy and pleasant as possible. And I am sure Performance-PCs does also.

Move File (10MB): http://www.dangerden.com/files/videos/radiator.mov

You have permission to post this email in its entirety if you like…or I can do it.

Best Regards,
Jeremy Burnett
President
Danger Den, LLC.

Very nice Dangerden, you have taken your customer support to a new, much more personal level, you have also given us another way we can contact you. Which I thank you greatly for (and others I hope)!!

:welcome: to the forums!! :bday:

mgoode said:
Thanks for everyones support. I just recieved an email from the president of DangerDan. I will let you know how this all works out.

thideras - You are right I did push them and yes I was being a total smart-*** in my last email:)

But only after 7 weeks of them blaming me and ingoring my emails and I did try calling several times.
Hey you had every right to send a rude email, man whats wrong with these people?!?! Thanks for posting that, I will NEVER do business with either of them just from reading those idiotic and rude replies they sent to the people who are paying their salaries!! :rolleyes: Just a bad move on their part, they potentially lost a lot of money from future business because they didn't want to replace a $100. radiator. Business of the year award right there! :beer:

dylskee said:
Hey you had every right to send a rude email, man whats wrong with these people?!?! Thanks for posting that, I will NEVER do business with either of them just from reading those idiotic and rude replies they sent to the people who are paying their salaries!! :rolleyes: Just a bad move on their part, they potentially lost a lot of money from future business because they didn't want to replace a $100. radiator. Business of the year award right there! :beer:
I'm sorry, but did you read the post by the Dangerden staff?? :bday:

Not trying to be rude...:beer:

thideras said:
I'm sorry, but did you read the post by the Dangerden staff?? :bday:

Not trying to be rude...:beer:
So what, too little too late. And just for the record, I was typing when that was posted.

dylskee said:
So what, too little too late. And just for the record, I was typing when that was posted.
Ah, my bad, didn't see the time stamp :bday:

Didn't mean to offend :beer:

Good to see we got some sort of attention! :D Hopefully It is resolved, and if that email is sincere. My apologies for the comment I left lol.. Hope everything gets fixed mgoode!

mgoode said:
Jerermy from DangerDen is stepping up and this should be resolved shortly via an amicable aggreement.
Glad to hear it!!! Grats to both of you! :bday:

glad to see things are getting worked out for you!this will definately benefit dd despite their being the middle man in this case.word of mouth is always the best advertisement imo.

Back