• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SCSI RAID on MS-DOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dRagOOn101

Hey guys..

I'm trying to pick up some hardware to speed up a very specific MS-DOS based application running on a computer which will run only MS-DOS.. no windows.

I've opted to pick up (3) Seagate Cheetah Ultra2 SCSI LVD 10,000 RPM 9GB drives which I plan to configure on a PCI Raid controller at Raid Level 5.

My question is this: I know that such a configuration would probably be brainless running on Windows 2000 or XP, etc.. but on a MS-DOS based computer, is there any specialized software I need to run or is it generally configured in the RAID controller's BIOS? I realize I'd probably have to run ASPI drivers of some sort.. is that correct?

I'm looking at several RAID cards and I only trust Adaptec but I've noticed several others including Mylex, Qlogic, HP, etc.. which are primarily built for servers and have up to 3-4 channels.. overkill in my situation. But I wonder, can any of these cards run on an MS-DOS based system w/o issue?

any help is much appreciated...

by the way, i'm in the market to purchase a good PCI Ultra2 RAID controller so if anyone has one, PM me.

Back