• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scsi :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Ok~ i have 4x seagate 9gig us3 68pin drives here that i can NOT get to chain together on the same cable~ mind you i have NONE of the jumpers due to they came from a hot swapable inviroment~ anyone know where i can these AND what would you suggest how i set these up on my controler (2940UW)

Spyder

Xaotic

Very kind Senior
You'll need to get the jumpers, since they will share the same SCSI ID without them. The lower values of the ID have Higher priority on the bus, so you'll want them set as 0,1,2 and 3. You'll need 4 jumpers for the drive settings and perhaps more for other settings on the drive. ID 0 can be bootable, but with the number of drives and a lower interface speed controller, it'd probably be better to run the OS on a either a different controller or get a faster controller. Make sure that you are using a terminator on the cable and the settings for termination power are correct for the type of terminator you're using. I haven't found a source yet on the jumpers, but will look a bit later today.

stool

The only places I have actually had luck finding the correct size jumpers were at computer fairs, and at 1 local computer repair and sales store. If you have one locally available, make sure you bring one of the drives with you, so you get the correct size jumpers. Some of the ones that fit on SCSIs are very small.
Get good quality cables w/termination preinstalled on the end.

OP
The Spyder

The Spyder

i have a controler, cable, and a 20gig tap0e backup :) gotta love free stuff~ i think a local shop
has some!