• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe Grand Kama Cross rev B vibration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sneejk

Registered
Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with Scythe Grand Kama Cross rev B CPU cooler. When spinning, even at 800rpm, cooler causes vibrations to my pc case. At higher RPMs it gets worse. I've checked for loosen screws on fan but they are all tightened hard. Also I've tried to put foam between fan and heatsink but no fix. Im out of ideas so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

It could be a bad fan. Can you take it off the cooler and hold it in your hand while you boot the PC?

That should tell you, a fan should feel smooth as silk when held in your hand.

Warning, hold it well when you push the PC pwr button, they can tourque out of your hand and easily break or cut you.

Are you sure it's the cpu cooler?

yep, increasing RPM on it causes higher vibrations.

It could be a bad fan. Can you take it off the cooler and hold it in your hand while you boot the PC?

That should tell you, a fan should feel smooth as silk when held in your hand.

Warning, hold it well when you push the PC pwr button, they can tourque out of your hand and easily break or cut you.

Thanks, going to try that.

tried and it seems i have a bad fan. Im can feel vibrations in my hand.

Thanks for the tip!

Back