• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate is buying Maxtor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hibner

Link-a-dink

Seagate is buying out Maxtor for $1.9 BILLION in stock. For the sounds out the deal Seagate will continue the Maxtor line. The deal is supposed to be complete in the second half of 2006. I did not realize that Seagate was the lagest hard drive manufacturer. Number 2 being Western Digital, followed by Maxtor in third.

And her is an article at Techworld about the buyout.

RJARRRPCGP

Unbelievable! Because Maxtor was doing good, AFAIK. Also, back in May, 2005, I got unlucky! I ended up getting a bad Seagate HDD! I actually returned that one and just gotten another Maxtor HDD back on June 2, 2005.

I had good luck with Maxtor HDDs. I never gotten a bad one, AFAIK.

hawtrawkr

RJARRRPCGP said:
Unbelievable! Because Maxtor was doing good, AFAIK. Also, back in May, 2005, I got unlucky! I ended up getting a bad Seagate HDD! I actually returned that one and just gotten another Maxtor HDD back on June 2, 2005.

I had good luck with Maxtor HDDs. I never gotten a bad one, AFAIK.

i had a seagate crap out on me after having multiple drives work great for me. after that incident ive only bought western digital drives. in all fairness i had a raptor go out on me but i continued to buy westerndigital drives because they had a replacement back to me in under 2 weeks compared to the 4 months i waited for my seagate replacement.