• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate SeaTools Test Code AFA3CE6A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
I've never seen it before and I can't find it in any Seagate Seatools documentation.
It displays after a quick SeaTools test is done from DOS. The drive spins and shows up in Windows but cannot be accessed.

SeaToolsCode.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen it before and I can't find it in any Seagate Seatools documentation.
It displays after a quick SeaTools test is done from DOS. The drive spins and shows up in Windows but cannot be accessed.

View attachment 182967

I suspect an HDD with a bad board or corrupted firmware with a short test failure...

I can't swear to it, but I think that's the code I got when my 7200.12 failed. I managed to get the data off before it died completely, but it died very shortly thereafter. I don't think I ever found out what it is, either. Since mine died six months out of warranty I just pulled it, cussed Seagate, and bought WDs after that.

Back