• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sealing alternitives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Ok I am trying to follow the octools.com guide on sealing but I have run into a slight problem. I am sealing a MSI k7t266 pro2 board and the room around the whole socket it pretty hard to fit my neopreme in snug and tight. I have been able to get thin neopreme and use that for the middle of the socket (on top of the sealent of course and on the cpu. I have also sealed around the base of the socket with my RTV sealent. it calls for neopreme to be used to basicly make a bib around the socket. Could I just spread more sealet further around my mobo instead of the nepreme coller? it spreading RTV sealent bad for my mobo? I am of course using a near or below freezing water supply. (hence the condensation) please help. (my bros computer sux I want mine working) :D

Last edited: