• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sealing mobo question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
your just watercooling? or you using a chiller or peltiers? if your not using a chiller or peltiers dont even bother insulating, it would be pointless

OP
Big_Baller

Big_Baller

Naw I sealing my 200 mhz pentium because it has a cool fan....ahah just playing no I am using a below freezing water (winshield washer fluid) cooling system.

ARGON

Registered
HEY GUYS! I am sick of this crap! Answer the question that was asked!

He wanted to know how to seal the mobo. He didn't ask WHEN to seal the mobo. He asked HOW!

I swear I have seen too much of this recently on these boards. All these people telling you one thing or another but neglecting to answer the question that you asked.:bang head

I would tell you how to seal the mobo, but I was hoping to learn something by reading this post.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
ok the reason for the first post of mine: some people get the crazy idea that they need to insulate with regular watercooling
second post: just answering a dumb question

ok yes that is how its done, use the conformal coating around the socket, and inside the center island of the socket, and the dieelectric greese in the holes(MUST HAVE) and youll hvae to insulate the waterblock and hoses...
also do the gasket around the board too, just make sure theres no air gaps anywere, i did this once and i guess i had an air gap

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
oh, and you wanna jam a butload of that grease into the socket

BrianH2O

I think that maskedgeek was just trying to be helpful. As you might of noticed, this is the watercooling section... not the Extreme Cooling section.

If he was just watercooling at over above ambient then there is o need for "sealing" a MB.

Also, there are good articles such as this from Swiftech ot this (older but still vaild) from OCTools

Again, a better place for this question might have been Extreme Cooling. Yes, maskedgeek could have asked and given the answers all in one post, but no one is perfect :)

So ARGON and Big_Baller868 , relax and have fun, life is too short.;)

OP
Big_Baller

Big_Baller

I wasnt talking about maskedgeek for the most part, enough said on both topics, anyways why wouldnt this question be under water cooling? it has to do directly with water cooling. just asking not arguing.... :D

ARGON

Registered
I hear ya. I was just venting a bit over something that I feel would make the community sooo much better. All you experienced overclockers out there, remember that there are still plenty of uneducated people people on these forums and they need answers to their questions. That's all. Thanks for the reply maskedgeek. :)

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
extreme cooling! its watercooling and all the other cold stuff