• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Search for Pcb controller for hd 1tb..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elfaii

Registered
Hi there ,
May someone help me what should I order pcb controller for disk WD 1 tb
which broke the base / socket {plastic} for the data cable to get data and use it again ..
Data from the pcb controller are:
REV A
2060-771945-001
XTFF08 1VZU
The data from the disc is as follows:
S / N: WCC4MJAJF998
MDL: WD10EZRX-00D8PB0
Which is the appropriate series for the 'CHIP BIOS' that is SET BACK FROM.. ??

Mighty_Miro_WD

Western Digital Representative
Hi there.

You can try to replace the PCB if you want, but I won't recommend it. I'm not saying that not only because this is an unsupported and not recommended operation in general, but mostly because that the risk of damaging the drive further is too big and that the chance of finding an exact match of a PCB is really low due to the differences in firmware over the years.

The danger is that it may (will) have different settings for how to align the heads to the the tracks on the physical disk surface, and when it tries to write anything (which it will) it will result in all your data being obliterated.

Instead I'd suggest to consult with a data recovery company and see if the professionals there will be able to help you in this situation. Here's a link with few of our partners you can check if you want:
http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=cPjKGj

Hope this helps and best of luck!

OP
elfaii

elfaii

Registered
Thank you very much 'Mighty_Miro_WD ' :) but I am tring to find a alternative way to repair/replace the pcb because here is very high the cost for this 'way' you had inform me..