• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Searching for a white case for dual rad support. (Like the Lian Li Alpha 550)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ravenhunt

Well, after a few years i decided to go with a new custom water cooled PC.
But... i struggle on the decision what case, res and pump i should choose. (Well, more or less for visuals.)

The Lian Li Alpha 550 (white) has support for two(?) rads up to 420mm. BUT, can i fit TWO of them at the same time?
It could be a veeery tight fit at the top intakes of the front rad. (Except you turn the rad and mess around with the PSU cage drilling holes into it.)

So, if there are other options, like the Lian Li in visuals, then i'm open for ideas.

I also struggle for a pump and res. First i thought a pump/res from EKWB or VPP655 from alphacool would be a good choice. But then i saw some very neat covers and reservoirs from Monsoon and also the Alphacool Helix series.
I don't want end up with a black covered pump, like most EKWB pumps, and go into visual conflict with the res. (I also thought about the option to place the pump into the bottom of the case and drill holes for the tubes, to cover the pump.)
Also a "problem" could be: Were to buy exactly? I live in germany and have to ship some more exotic stuff, i guess. (Caseking and others don't sell stuff from Monsoon, like performance cps do. As an example.)

Other parts so far would be:
cuplex kryos NEXT acrylic/nickel CPU cooler
Acrylic Tubes (Maybe from EKWB)
EKWB HDC Fittings white and maybe some 90° Bitspower Adapters in white if needed
airplex radical 2/420mm copper Rads
Some clear blue fluid mix color (like EKWB Cryofuel navy blue)

For Fans, well that's a whole different story.
I like the LL140 series from Corsair but read some very controversial comments to them as rad fans. (Low pressure, low airflow etc)
Now i search for some neat fans to fit the color scheme. (White+blue)

Any creative input and/or ideas? x_x

Last edited:
Hmm, a case that will house 2x 420mm rads in white and house both rads at the same time with room to spare would be The Tower 900 Snow Edition by Thermaltake.

http://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/...0002975/The_Tower_900_Snow_Edition/design.htm

There's been several wicked builds using the TT P900 in different colors and if I wasn't already using the Phanteks Enthoo Primo, I would snag one. I'm a stickler for massive cases :D

Hmm, a case that will house 2x 420mm rads in white and house both rads at the same time with room to spare would be The Tower 900 Snow Edition by Thermaltake.

http://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/...0002975/The_Tower_900_Snow_Edition/design.htm

There's been several wicked builds using the TT P900 in different colors and if I wasn't already using the Phanteks Enthoo Primo, I would snag one. I'm a stickler for massive cases :D

Hui, that case is realy massive. ^^
A bit to massive. But it's white!
Thanks for the suggestions. :D
I assume the 900D is only in black available? Well, obviously. There is no color option there, mh.

I built a Tt tower 900, a little more room would be nice.
it's a display type case, it has airflow issues with 2 higher end card in it, but oh...... so worth it!!!
fits as big a pair of radiators as you like in the back.
I hid most of my cooling system in the back.

PIC_1236.JPG

Back