• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Searching for z270 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lIrenicuSl

Hello,

I am just getting bored with my rig, and when I'm getting bored, I am always trying to change something.

My new idea is to make an SLI of 2x 1080TI

As you can see I am the owner of MSI 1080ti, and I would get another one, but my MOBO is a big problem here.

It does not have SLI, so I am searching for a good one with reasonable price.

All that I have found, with z270 chipset is:

Z270 MSI Gaming Plus - it is really hard to get in my country
Z270 Asus Prime -A - I am getting worried a bit here, it has ONLY 4 SATA slots, and I am already having 4 SATA SSD's

Do you have any other ideas?

I think you would find that one faster video card will give you better overall results than SLI. SLI will give uneven results from game to game. Some games can't take good advantage of SLI and others can. SLI is falling into disuse with gamers. SLI is also a power hungry arrangement that can require a beefy PSU and will put a lot of heat into the case.

PSU is not a problem for me, I got an Corsair 1200, and about Card, only Rtx 2080 Super and 2080TI are better than my card, 2080 sometimes is, sometimes not, so i don't think i would get enough money to get one of these cards.
This is why I am asking for SLI

How much will another 1080ti cost you? I assume you are running 2560x1440 or 4k monitor? Here in the states, used you can find them for around $500. A z370 motherboard with sli is likely going to be around $100+...

A 2080 super here is $740+ (new) I'd rather spend $150 more and run single card. Just less hassle...less heat mitigation, less power use, 100% performance all the time. This isnt the day and age to get into multi gpu.

For boards, maybe asrock z270 taichi, or z270 killer, msi sli plus...

Back