• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seeing is beleiving

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Electraglide

Well, after half a dozen posts, by me, about memory problems on my a7n8x dlx. rev 1.xx .prime 95 crashing and failing with 200fsb . I decided to go through the pc again. I have active south bridge cooling. IE cut and grinded a cooler from a riva tnt 2 ultra card and used artic thermal addhesive to attach. i also mounted a fan from a old kingston turbo 178mhz 486 to the heat sync on the northbridge. I thought that would suffice, But after alot of reading I noticed people saying that the NB cooler has thermal compound that isnt all that great. So after running sisandra burn in for 4 hours, I felt the NB. it was a bit to hot on the area surrounding the chip and cool on the heat sysnc.

So, off came the cooler and to my surprise, it was like a wad of chewing gum had been put between the 2. So out came the razor and sand paper, lapped the heat sync, applied AS3, reinstalled the coller and the fan. and now im buzzing through prime95 error free at 206x11.5 on my barton2500:rolleyes: and im gonna try going back to the 2400mhz mark again.