• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

seeking a good Gaming mouse. [WIRED]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clutch_Head

a couple of weeks ago my Itellimouse of 10+ years got funky and can no longer game.
looking for a wired mouse in brick an mortar stores is frustrating. they are all full of wireless mice.
i stumbled upon a Razer Deathadder 2013. i thought gaming mice was all hype.
liking the similar shape and 5 button layout i shelled out the $70 for it.
it did feel much more responsive even after toning down the sensitivity to match the Intellimouse.
it was a good 12 days but now it's dead, and being returned. :shock: guess i didn't learn my lesson from Onza.
Razer should put their LED, packaging, and sticker effort into the actual product.

looking at Logitech it seems they have jumped on the "cram more buttons on it" band wagon. (G500)
also read the scroll wheel is frustrating on the G500.
the G5 of old had the same button layout but lacked pinky support. it however is no longer in production.

must have features...
  • WIRED
  • shape similar to Intellimouse Exlporer, or at least supports the palm.
  • two thumb buttons, with scroll middle click
  • 500hz with 1500 or so DPI

any help would be most appreciate :cheers:

Attachments

• IntelliMouse.Explorer.jpg
    IntelliMouse.Explorer.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Deathadder.jpg
    Deathadder.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 162
  • logitech_g500.jpg
    logitech_g500.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 170
I have a steel series Guild war 2 mouse
set it to 5200DPI and love this mouse
tracks well
-wired
but I have never used Itellimouse so ??

I love my g500 and the 3 mouse thumb buttons come in handy.

I also love the click/smooth scroll wheel feature.

Logitech g9x and mx 518 are my two favorites. I own both and they have both taken a beating both gaming and day to day work.

I love my g500 and the 3 mouse thumb buttons come in handy.

I also love the click/smooth scroll wheel feature.

the three look too crammed together for my tastes. i could see for casual games but when things are frantic i dunno.
would try one but no stores have it in my area.

Logitech g9x and mx 518 are my two favorites. I own both and they have both taken a beating both gaming and day to day work.

of the two, which has more support for your palm? looking at them i'm guessing the mx 518.
the mx 518 looks like the newer G400. maybe i'll give a G400 a try.

Looks like you can't expect Logitech M100 mice to last long!

The M100 I have randomly clicks twice and I have to put up with Windows randomly complaining! :mad:

Looks like you can't expect Logitech M100 mice to last long!

The M100 I have randomly clicks twice and I have to put up with Windows randomly complaining! :mad:

that's a bummer man. i read that some of the newer models (not sure of the M100) are getting improved micro switches compared to older models.

of the two, which has more support for your palm? looking at them i'm guessing the mx 518.
the mx 518 looks like the newer G400. maybe i'll give a G400 a try.

The Mx 518 has more support for your palm, the g9x is small I like it a lot though. Have you considered a Cyborg Rat 7? That is going to be my next mouse!

looks like a Decepticon. lol... the thumb support looks nice. palm support seems small tho.
can i trade the weight adjust for some palm rest adjustment?
[:sn:edit] found a video demoing the Cyborg Rat 7. it does indeed have palm support adjustment.
the thumb and pinky rests have me really considering this mouse despite being sold by MadCatz. [/:sn:edit]
i think they had that where i got the Deathadder. i'll check it out when i return it.

[:sn:edit2] hey trekky i looked into SteelSeries mice more and found out they are a Danish manufacturer designer.
i ordered a Ikari Laser. it's looks pretty darn ergonomic (righty only) and as large as the intellimouse explorer and a bit wider.

thanks everyone :cheers: [/:sn:edit2]

Last edited:
Got my g9x last week and its way more comfy than my g500 was to me anyways. The cod version of the g9x is still 38 bucks on amazon. I hate that freaking logo but ffs there's nothing that can even compare at that price period

mx-518 is still my go to mouse i also have a g400 which is the same thing with a different palm paint design and a bit different dpi settings. not to mention it tracks like a beast on my steelseries ice mat "experience" not many mice do.

Got my g9x last week and its way more comfy than my g500 was to me anyways. The cod version of the g9x is still 38 bucks on amazon. I hate that freaking logo but ffs there's nothing that can even compare at that price period

so i take it you use more of a claw grip then?

i couldn't own anything with COD on it. sorry lol
boycotted amazon for their we'll ship it when we feel like it attitude unless your "premium".
F*#% YOU AMAZON! </rant>

so i take it you use more of a claw grip then?

i couldn't own anything with COD on it. sorry lol
boycotted amazon for their we'll ship it when we feel like it attitude unless your "premium".
F*#% YOU AMAZON! </rant>

yeah i am. as far as cod i've been meaning to pick up some fine grit sand paper lol. worse case just order a new cover for it.

and after dealing with neweggs customer service lately i've given up all hope for anybody. f it just gonna buy whoever has it the cheapest. amazon did the same thing to me a month or two back but i think they were actually having problems on the backend and just didnt want to admit it. either way when i signed in the other day gave me a free trial to prime..again ^ ^

i gave up on newegg. they built a warehouse in NJ (my home state) to "serve me better".
order something, get taxed, then it ships from CA anyway lol.

just got an email from XtremeGear stating the Ikari Laser mouse i ordered is on backorder and they don't have an ETA.
SeelSeries store page for it cannot be found. :-/ i would contact them but i can't find an email address on their site.

I'm on my second Razer Deathadder, have bad nothing to say about these mice. First one lasted ~5 yrs and only the wheel button started to show some issue. Other than that my older 1800dpi deathadder is still like new. Buyed newer 3600DPI model ( IIRC ). The "black edition", paid 44$.

ok i found a ikari laser sudden attack edition. don't know anything about the game but the mouse is old school camo so i ordered one.
guessing it won't ship till monday. although it says standard shipping which i hope means the USPS. they have been kicking arse as of late. :D

the mouse has an ARM processor in it so i can change the two CPI settings on the mouse itself without software/drivers.
now i just need to figure out how to run SETI on it :beer:

Attachments

• IkariLaserSuddenAttack.jpg
    IkariLaserSuddenAttack.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 122
Back