• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seeking Validation: Overclocking 860 on Gigabyte UD3R

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GamingDaemon

Hello Everyone,

I just replaced my MSI P55-GD80 motherboard with the Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R and I couldn’t be happier! It is far more stable and robust, and the features are almost the same. A quick summary oif the parts:
  • Antec 900 two
  • Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R
  • Core i7 860
  • G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3-2000
  • XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
  • OCZ Vertex Series 60GB SSD (for the OS)
  • 640GB WD AAKS
  • Plextor DVD
  • LG Blu-Ray
  • Windows 7 (RTM Build)
So now, I overclocked it and wanted to make sure that my voltages and temps are in alignment with the norms. Here are the voltages I am using:
  • Load Line Calibration: [Enabled]
  • CPU VCore: 1.26525V [Normal]
  • Dynamic VCore (DVID): [+0.00625V]
  • QPI/Vtt Voltage: [Auto]
  • PCH Core: [Auto]
  • CPU PLL: [Auto]
  • DRAM Voltage: [1.600V]
I have overclocked it like so:
  • BCLK: 165
  • Multiplier: 22x (Turbo Boost is set to [Auto] so I get the extra multiplier)
  • QPI: [Auto] 36x, 5.94GHz
  • System Memory Multipler: [12x] 1980MHz
  • Memory – 9, 9, 9, 24, 4, 21, 74, 1 (tCL, tRCD, tRP, tRAS, tRRD, tWTP, tRFC, tCMD)
  • C1E: [Disabled]
  • C3/C6/C7: [Auto]
  • Thermal Monitor: [Auto]
  • EIST: [Auto]
  • CPU Clock Drive: [700mV] (default value)
  • PCI Express Clock Drive: [700mV] (default value)
  • CPU Clock Skew: [0ps] (default value)
After running Prime95 for a little over 8 hours, my temps were consistently in the high 60s, just under 70C. Idle temps are 33C.

So are these voltages and temps acceptable? Should I make any changes? Should I enable C1E?

Thanks in advance!

Temps don't seem out of line at all. 860s can get really warm with HT enabled, so just keep an eye on temps if you OC higher or add voltages. You're not even running 1.30Vc, you're safe in that dept. I am not sure what your Vtt/QPI voltage is though. Left on AUTO, I think it can go up to maybe 1.41V (IIRC). You can install EasyTune and see what AUTO is setting it for OR you can just try manually setting it for say maybe 1.28V and move up/down as necessary. Vtt may add even more heat than Vc does, so if you can lower it manually from where AUTO is setting it and still be stable, bonus.

Idle in 30s is not bad at all, up to you if you want to turn on C1E.

Back