• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Radical

I'm playing through Secret of Mana right now (Seiken Densetsu 2), and I have to say, considering the reputation this game has, I'm disappointed. It's alright I guess...just nowhere near the likes of Chrono Trigger, FF 4 or 6, or many of the other great games on SNES. I'm guessing I'm about halfway through, and I'm wondering, do you think it would be worth it for me to finish it so I can play Seiken Densetsu 3 (which I hear is better than 2)? Or should I just forget it? Basically what I'm asking is, is it likely that I'll enjoy the third one if I don't particularly enjoy the second?

Last edited:

rumbl3

I just started crying when i read your paragraph. I thought this game along with chrono trigger and early FF was one of the greatest games ever. The 2nd one is just absolutely amazing also and is supposed to have the hardest square boss ever! The black Rabite! Hes a secret hidden boss. I have yet to face him i haven't finished the 2nd one yet been very busy lately. I almost beat it back about 8 years ago lol then my machine took a dump on me.

I been praying they would remake these on a console already!

Seinken

If you're looking for a story Secret of Mana wasn't really the best, the action style gameplay was nice and it was still challenging.

I think one of the main characters in SoM was named Girl LOL.

Seiken Densetsu 3 however has a real story and a much much more elaborate system for leveling and whatnot, so the entertainment value is higher.

OP
R

Radical

Thanks for your opinions, I've decided to finish it up and see what the third one is like.