• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sennheiser 280 Pro troubles.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strida

Well not really a major problem, but I was just wondering if after some usage these things grip your head a little less hard.

After about 3 hours of wearing them and being amazed with their quality of sound, the part of the pad that goes over the top of my jaw is well, making my jaw ache.

Do these thing loosen up after a while? They CLAMP onto my humungo head.

best thing to do is to find a box slightly larger than the width of your head and store them on it making them retain the stretched shape. this is also why you see high end headphone owners with head-like statues to store their headphones on.

they will loosen up a bit but remember these headphones were designed to block out noise so its gotta have some pressure to create a good seal.

I totally understand that. I just wanted it to loosen up a little bit.

I'm still amazed with these things.

Anyways, I was thinking about using a box but didn't know if it'd stretch them out TOO much. I will just have to keep checking them. So far they've been running 24/7 with mid volume over my whole album of music and they're already sounding a lot better. I'll give them another day or so before I stop breaking them in.

yeah i was having the same problem. i couldn't wear them for more than 1hr. i just put them on a container , they still kinda hurt , but i have some manican heads in my garage imma try them on :)

drewthomas14 said:
yeah i was having the same problem. i couldn't wear them for more than 1hr. i just put them on a container , they still kinda hurt , but i have some manican heads in my garage imma try them on :)

i believe its spelled 'mannequin" :D, geez i wish i had such nice headphones... i just use these panasonic ones i got w/ my cd player...

Back