• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sensor - diode?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shunx

I noticed from MBM5 that each sensor has a regular setting and a "diode" setting. What is the difference between the two, and how different should the values be?

You can only use the diode setting if you have an Athlon XP and a motherboard that reads from the diode. The "non-diode" setting reads from the in-socket thermisistor. If your board reads from the XP diode, it does not have one of these.

Mike K said:
You can only use the diode setting if you have an Athlon XP and a motherboard that reads from the diode. The "non-diode" setting reads from the in-socket thermisistor. If your board reads from the XP diode, it does not have one of these.

The A7V333 Motherboard can use both sensors. My Diode sensor reads about 9c lower than the On-die Sensor. I set up MBM to display both.

Al

Sorry, I worded it wrong. I meant that if you are using an XP and your board supports the diode then you should set it to read from there. But yeah I know that some boards read both because the Duron and Athlons have temp readings from in-socket.

Back