• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SERIOUS SYSTEM problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doofie27cp2

Banned
hey guys
i have a serious problem with my system right now. It Random Reboots al of the time, and im only overclocked 226 mhz!!! My system is intel pentium 4 2.0a ghz, Aopen 4xtii i850 motherboard, 256 mb of pc800 samsung rdram, geforce 2 mx400, and a 13 gb ata 66 maxtor hdd 5400 rpm. Please tell me wtf is up with my computer, because 20 mins ago it reboted randomly twice in the came 5 minutes. Its realy starting to **** me off, and im thinking of going to AMD for better sys stabilty...:mad:

JaY_III

Senior of BX
1st thing todo is set your computer back to SPEC
do not overclock it at all.

Do you still have the random reboots when running in spec???
What is your CPU/system temp? And what kind of voltage levels you getting?

Doofie27

Disabled
hey guys
im on my other computer right now, but when i first had it running, it ran perfectly fine at default setting. My power supply is 500 watts, so i dont know why that would be causing it. My temps are around 35c idle, and running i do not know. Cant be too high because im using stock cooling, with plenty of air circulation. Having 8 total fans in the case will do that. Please any other reasons? you think its my vid card causing it?

AZN

AznSniper
what is your core voltage set at? im guessing your at 113fsb but what about core voltage? did u try setting it back to stock speeds and voltage? did that stop the problem?

AZN

OP
Doofie27cp2

Doofie27cp2

Banned
hmm its at stock vcore, always has been, but i dont think i can up the vcore on this motherboard. It is an 1850 chipset, and its at stock 1.5 vcore
However, most of these random reboots come when i am playing my games, and it comes when there isnt a lot of action on the screen, its really starting to **** me off. As for the psu thing, it is a 500 watt psu, but it is a CompUSA powersupply. I tryed to get an antec psu, but for 100 watts more and the same price, i went with the bargain brand.

AZN

AznSniper
the more info we get the better we can help... I cant read your mind so y dont u let us know your system... (mb) y cant your up the vcore? if u can up the fsb y not vcore :eh?: sounds like you got a unstable system. either put it back to 100fsb or up the vcore alittle to stabilze it. how are your temps for idle and while gamming? if this is happening only when ur gamming and during cpu intense work then sounds like u got a unstable system.

AZN

JaY_III

Senior of BX
Does sound like a Vcore thing here....
BUT even if you could raise it, it would advise against it untill you can get a full load temp.
Blindly upping your Vcore (without regard to temps) can and will KILL CPU's.
And with only the stock Intel Heatsink, temps can become a problem very fast

OP
Doofie27cp2

Doofie27cp2

Banned
ok well where can i find a proggy thqatll tell me temps during gaming? i mean this is really annoying, considering that its a stock everything right now (cept the video card) and its STILL RANDOM REBOOTING. Im really ricked off, i didnt spend so muc h****ing money on this system to have it turn around and bite me in the *** like it is.