• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Serious TECers...........PSUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lewiser said:
Well, I just bought
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2582659394&ssPageName=ADME:B:BN:CA:1
for me CPU and
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2582650665&ssPageName=ADME:B:BN:CA:1 for the GPU. I'll run the GPU one at 7v off my PSU, or maybe 5v as I don't need 130w's going to the GPU, I'd only need like 60-80w at the outside.

And all for $15USD which is just over $20 Aussie dollars :)

:)

:clap: :thup:
there not potted witch means thay are not seald witch thay will short out with moisture geet potted ones!

I think I get what you mean.

But is there a way that I can insulate it ?

Like giving it a bath of vasiline ? Or oil ?

Ryan.

When a Tec is unpotted it mean the seal of the egde of the TEC is open and the silicon is exposed. To pot a TEC all you need to do is take GOOP or a sealent and rub it into the exposed egdes created a water tight seal to protect the metalic insides.

Sounds easy enough, so basically just some vasiline or some high grade grease ?

Ryan.

right ideal wrong material. You need a perminate seal. Somthing that will cure. Cocking, silicon sealent, and plumbers goop will perform well.

btw lowes and home depot have "goop".

If you use goop you will have to use masking tape and tape up the top and bottem of the TEC. If you get ANY goop on the top/bottem your tec will no longer be "flat" and will fail to work to its potentional. The tape is for when you get goop on the t/b you can simple peal back the tape hence removing the excess goop. DONT USE duct tape or you will be scrapeing for hours.

Thanks for the link Surreal ... really makes it worth it now ...

172w/80w for $34AUD :)

Ryan.

I got my 2 TEC's today.

They are potted as well. :)

A 135w one and an 85w one :) Should run well. I'm just doubting the 135w a bit though. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Ryan

the 135 will work for a lower end p4

i am using a 120W on a p4 1.7 works good

Yeah I know I was just thinking that. I might sell it off and buy a 226w TEC.

What's the cheapest place in the US that you've seen a 226w TEC ?

Ryan

Hrmmm, I can get them for $65AUD or I can get it from the US for $45AUD ... I'm just wondering if saving ~$20 is worth it ?

Crap, then there is postage ...

Hrmm ... well. It'll be another week before I get my setup out of the box. Then another week modding. So I got some time to decide. And the 135w should be able to hand it for now.

Ryan

Back