• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Set Voltages to Stun - NE Ohio Meetup Aug 2-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya, really I think its ECS building them weaker to be honest. Been insulating the same way for 2 years now... CIVE, MIVE, and CVF that just wouldn't stop working. Beat on the CIVE harder than I've ever beat anything, and that was the board I learned on when I didn't know crap about subzero - its still hanging in my garage and runs like a top.

2 MVG's, one couldn't go cold when I bought it. The other stopped going cold in less than 2 months.

1 MVE - ran great for about 2 weeks. Now first 2 DIMMs are dead. Only ever ran in the red slots... I've never taken the ram out since the first time they were installed until today to find what was dead. They were completely covered in vaseline.

Just a bunch of crap. At least I can be glad when the ram slots went they didn't take either of my g.skill pi's with them.

Matt sounds like you should check out an mvg open box for $138 on the egg. RIP MVE before I could see it in action!

Thats a good deal on the MVG. But I put $400 into 2xMVG's already- thats my limit for now with spending with one company on mobos. I got the MVE at no cost, so if the RAM slots don't come back to life tomorrow, with more hair dryer treatment, or in the oven... I need to kill another brand's motherboard before I put more money into Asus.

It says something about their products that I actually want to just go out and buy another MVE despite this run of problems, but I just can't justify it without spending some time on another board. At least enough time to kill another brand so that I can blame myself... that shouldn't take long the way things have been going.

Might be worth trying the NickShih special.
Alternatively I have a TZ77XE4 I'll probably be selling soon.

185$ for a bus to cleveland... I'm awfully tempted to go considering I have nothing to bench.

Yeah, that's the one.
It's the board he made them make for him. More or less like the Z77 FTW or Z77 classie or whatever the hell it is and TiN/KP and/or the MVE and Shammy/Andre.

I'm in. If I can get my stuff benched...
If you guys give me electricity I can bring my own LN2?

Not on team so fine to lurk and meet. :D

Hey i kept saying asus boards were going to go down hill when ecs started making them.

i had nothing but issues with any ECS stuff I've bought or sold in the past even their more high end boards have had issues with me.

i wanted to be wrong because i buy alot of asus for my higher end stuff.

Curious to see some z77x-ud5h's in action :p

Looks like you may just get to! arrived this morning from GBT shipping tomorrow w 2x 680's

IMG_1263.JPG

:)

I'm in. If I can get my stuff benched...
If you guys give me electricity I can bring my own LN2?

Not on team so fine to lurk and meet. :D

Great!

You are in for benching if you can bring your dewar. :) If you come over Thursday or early Friday, you can bring it empty and we'll get it filled up even. Bring a power strip. If you can bring a monitor.

I've got about 100L currently in my tank. I'll be trying to use as much as possible on pretesting and benching Thursday Aug 2nd, so that we can get a full fill on Friday before Airgas closes for the weekend. If my tank isn't empty Friday, we'll be looking to fill your 25L or Janus's 50L off of it. If my tank is empty, we'll just throw them all in the truck and head to Airgas.

Back