• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI Bench almost 2 hours....ggrrrr....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hipro5

The best I could do is this SETI Bench till NOW.......I had disabled EVERYTHING and I figured out that when I'm bencing with my CPU and my Memory SYNCHRONOUS it's much better to ALL applications and bencmarks.....I've started to believe that if you put the CPU:Mem ratio at 1:1 and with HIGH fsb ,you get better resaults than working the CPU:Mem ratio at 3:4 asynchronous as for Pentium4's.... :(

SETI_2_01h_mem1.jpg

Last edited:

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
So far I have heard it is better to run syncronous as this manages best the memory-chipset-CPU flow.....except that Intel should have had some time to perfect the async interaction now in my opinion.....

They have been using 400-100-200 for sometime so the same algorith that is used for the 4-1-2 impulse could theroretically be improved for the 4-1-1.33, but might be a little more difficult that I think.

Anyway, it was so close 2:01.....can we ask if the 1 minute is complete or just a little less than it :D

OP
hipro5

hipro5

Mictlan said:
So far I have heard it is better to run syncronous as this manages best the memory-chipset-CPU flow.....except that Intel should have had some time to perfect the async interaction now in my opinion.....

They have been using 400-100-200 for sometime so the same algorith that is used for the 4-1-2 impulse could theroretically be improved for the 4-1-1.33, but might be a little more difficult that I think.

Anyway, it was so close 2:01.....can we ask if the 1 minute is complete or just a little less than it :D

I don't know if the one minute is less than that.....Only Gary Landshark could tell us....

beau_safken

Dude Hipro5 You're definetely the man. I know just thru determination you'll get that two minutes...or hopefully three to totally bust the 2 hour mark.

:beer: We're cheering for you!!! :beer:

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
There must be something..... Mabey running it on Win98 instead of XP (can't tell if you're using XP or not). That may shave a few more seconds off. Mabey even going Win98Lite to kill off most everything to start off with.

I wanna know how many seconds that WU was.... Just to see how close we are to 2 hours (and any amount of seconds!
JigPu

Yodums

Stupid question but, have you tweaked XP i.e. disable services, enable registry settings that enhance the memory etc?

That could help a minute or two allow you to break 2 hours.