• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI laptop cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooohaa2

Registered
can anyone direct me to a good laptop cooling thread or site? or share ideas that have worked for you?

I just set up a friend's HP Pavilion with a 1500 XP. I ran clc SETI for a while on it just to see how it would handle the heat. After an hour or so, the exhaust air was hairdryer hot. any cooling ideas? will this heat not effect the life of the laptop?

I did everything I could to my laptop but to cool you down clean off the heat sink/pipe an add AS3 instead of the crap thermo pads that’s on them and you could look into the laptop coolers its a base with 3 fans on it that will cool off you laptops bottom :) and you could look for this type of program http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/index.html its for a dell but have herd of others using it. It gives you all you system cooling info and allows you to change it around (fans on high all the time or what ever - cpu / gpu / hdd temps rpms ect.) very nice tool and easy to use

thanks man, has anyone run this program, or a similar one, on an HP Paviliion?

Back