• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seti Noob Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

texasfit

Sorry for the basic questions but I am new to running Seti. I hope that I can contribute to the team as much as the OC forum has helped me over the years. Only been running Seti for 2 days but everyone has to start somewhere. :)

Is it possible to run two instances of SetiSpy or would it be better to just run two instances of the Client?

How do I get SetiSpy to show the team results?
It will give me my WU's but I can't see the team results.

Thanks for the help

Burning Phoenix

If you are only running a single cpu that is not a HT enabled P4 then you need only run one instance of the client.
If you are running a dual processor system or a HT enabled P4 then you can run 2 clients at the same. As for running 2 setispys i have no idea if it works that way on a dual setup but someone else will answer that.
As for team stats on setispy mine updates but i don't remember if i had to enter the URL myself to get those stats. If you click setispy then click setup / update tab / server are all the blanks filled in correctly under the user stats and team stats tabs?

Be patient someone will also help out here.

OP
texasfit

texasfit

I am running a HT enabled 2.6C and it appears that the SetiSpy runs and reports the average of the 2 clients that I have running at this time.

I did not have to enter my email address under the User Stats to get the information. I will enter the URL for the Team Stats and see if that works.

Thanks Phoenix

Burning Phoenix

this is what my setispy looks like under the teams stats tab which i described earlier:
setispy.jpg

and these are the 2 lines which you can copy and paste if you don't have them:

Statistics Script Location:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi

I have checked the "Use other team statistics page":
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_94265.html

OP
texasfit

texasfit

Ok thanks - Set it up and just uploaded another WU but still nothing shows up. I will increase the Kb to find user name to 500 and maybe it will show up. The 70kb default may not find me due to not being very high in the list. :(

Only have 36 WU's right now but I am steady passing all the inactive members. ;)

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
If you want to run two instances of the CLC inyour setup you only need to increase the maximum number of processes in SETIDriver. That would make you run two CLC, as for monitoring them with SETISpy, and as I run adual setup, SETISpy will show you one of the CLC and the other will be running in the background. As soon as the first one is done, then it will show the next one, even if it will be showing just the info for sometime. This is assuming that both instances are not running exactly at sync, but as the times for crunching one WU varies form WU to WU this is a safe bet.

In my rig, I have the log of almost all the WU that I have crunched with the dual setup with no problems.

As for displaying the team info in SETISpy, have added your e-mail address in the SetUp/Update/Server/User stats/Account e-mail address field? A quick way to check it is if you can see all the following info in the User Stats windows:

User: Mictlan
06/04/01
User ID: 2918982
Results returned: 7177
Last result returned: 20/05/03 06:20:33 a.m.
Total CPU time: 5.14 yrs
Avg. CPU time: 6:16:33
Result interval: 2:35:14
CPU dedication: 2.426
Users with this rank: 2

I think that if you haven't done this neither the user stats nor the team stats will be displayed to their full extent.

OP
texasfit

texasfit

Ok - Got it running the 2 instances of the client.
Maximum Processes = 2 DUH!!! Thanks. :)

I still can't get the team stats to show up. These are the two setups for User and Team Stats. Do they look correct? I have to be missing something here.

TeamStats.jpg

UserStats.jpg

I really feel Dumb but maybe I will get it sooner or later.

OP
texasfit

texasfit

Ran another Transmit and now everything is showing up

Team - User - All is there

Thanks again to everyone for their help.

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
In the first one, the one about the team stats I have the following information:

Compare with teams in: ALL TEAMS
Team stats download:
Browser statsistics script command: team_lookup

And in the user tab:
Insert you e-mail upthere and
Browser statsistics script command: user_stats_new

OP
texasfit

texasfit

Did go ahead and make those settings.

The only item that changed in the Seti Window was the rank to All Teams instead of just the Club teams.

Happy cruncher now that I can follow the results without going to the different web sites.

jhites aka/texasfit

OP
texasfit

texasfit

LandShark said:
welcome to the team!! :clap: :clap: ;) ;)
Thanks for the Welcome.

Set a goal for myself to break into the teams top 200.
16 weeks current setup
12 weeks if I can get some upgrades for my other PC ;)
20-24 WU's per day just ain't cuttin' it :(

OP
texasfit

texasfit

jdmcnudgent said:
with HT installed, it will do it automaticly.:)
Thanks JD - I have been getting two instances the last couple of days. Thought that I might pick up a 3.06HT for my other PC but with prices as they are I may just get a IC7 and a 2.4C to replace the P4G8X/2.4B in my other system. Would be about the same $$$ and then I can compare it to my P4C800 with the 2.6C.