• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETI system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vodka314

As said before, somewhere around 50 is good, it only takes up a few megabytes, which shouldnt be a problem unless you have a super hurting system.

OP
augustwest

augustwest

how come when i have it set to just one on this p4 system that im on now it boggs the whole thing down. and i aint ****in around i mean it really boggs the thing down, bad

Basher

augustwest said:
how come when i have it set to just one on this p4 system that im on now it boggs the whole thing down. and i aint ****in around i mean it really boggs the thing down, bad

open seti driver and set client priority to low will fix it.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
and after a few day, u'll have a good idea how many WU/day ur machine will produce. then set ur cache to at least 5-7days worth of WU just in case berkeley is down......

crunch on!!

oh, yeah, welcome to the team!!

FRANK

If the machine is not doing any thing else, the setting really doesn't matter. It won't be sharing resources anyway, low shouldn't make much of a difference. Make sure that you hit the "Save Config" button before you close the box or it will not stick.

OP
augustwest

augustwest

that is a very good things. so let me guess..........S E T I would stand for search for extraterrestrial intelligence or someting like that?