• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SetiDriver colors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thecondor

Yesterday due to a power failure, my SETI cruncher was down about
4 hours while I was away. It's back up now, but the SETIDriver tray icon now has a yellow dish instead of a blue one. WU's seem to be processing OK. What does this indicate if anything? While we are at it, I would also like to know what the different colors indicate with SETISpy also. If there is a source for this info, just point me to it.
Thanks!

DeltaSierra

A YELLOW SetiDriver dish means that there is one or more WUs completed that are waiting to be sent in. You said you had a power failure...do you have to "reconnect" to the Internet? That's what SetiDriver is waiting for...to connect to the Internet and send in completed WUs and replenish the cache. It also might mean that the server at Berkley is very busy and cannot respond to your request. SetiDriver will attempt to connect, but if it cannot, then it will try again in an hour or so (assuming you're always on the Internet).

A BLUE SetiDriver dish means everything is okay. That is, the cache is full and Seti is crunching.

A RED SetiDriver dish means that all of the WUs are finished and there aren't any waiting.

OP
thecondor

thecondor

Thanks. That's good info. What I found is that somehow my auto -transmit got turned off. Everything OK now. Why a power glitch would cause that is beyond me, but stranger things have happened.

Mr.Guvernment

could of been the power glitch affect your isp /modem and when the setidriver went to trasmit it could not, there by saving it and changing your color :)

since your computer may have started up before your internet connection was working properly - just a thought :)

Mictlan

Senior OC BOINC User
Maybe you forgot to click the SAve settings button after playing with SETIDriver. If for any reason you click the Save settings and then change something then this won't be done on the next start up.