• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SETIQueue server add-on script

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
i've found a add-on script for SETIQueue server use. it allow you to input more user/server info. it's especially good when your SETIQ server is also a public server.

take a look at my SETIQ server

and here's the script's link

if need any installation help, feel free to let me know.

Cuper

Hey, thats cool!! Hmmm, now to get off my butt and set one up myself:)

OP
LandShark

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
TC said:
Are you running the win32 perl package?
yup. got it from active perl. couldn't get the one from perl.com install....

cuper, if need installation help, feel free to give me a yell! ;)

btw, when i have time i'll try to mess around w/ it a little more to add/subtract some info that i don't want....

however, there's one big draw back for this script! it's NOT auto generated! means, you'll have to run the script manually everytime in order to have the stats/numbers updated. anyone know how to get it auto update in x mins/hr?

Cuper

"cuper, if need installation help, feel free to give me a yell! "

Thanks! I am trying to put together a vid. editing system first:)

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
LandShark said:
[B

however, there's one big draw back for this script! it's NOT auto generated! means, you'll have to run the script manually everytime in order to have the stats/numbers updated. anyone know how to get it auto update in x mins/hr? [/B]

I created a simple batch file and placed it in my SETIQueue directory. The contents were just:

perl userdefault.pl

(If you don't know how to create a batch file, just open notepad, type in the above and save it with a .bat suffix instead of .txt)

I then made a scheduled even in Task Scheduler for it to run every day and then used Advanced options to run it every 5 minutes for 24 hours. That should run it daily for every 5 minutes as long as you don't set an end time.

I just this minute set that up so I'm not sure it will work the way I want it but there's no reason it shouldn't. The batch file works fine so as long as the scheduler holds its end up, all will be good :]

OP
LandShark

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
just want to let you guys know that the "Important Information" that's at the top could also be modify to any word you like. and heard you could even write it in html too..............--> oc.com banner! or something like that. i'll try it later when i have time. ;)

btw, just checked setiq's Top 100 server, and mine is at #62 spot! :D

Go3Team

LandShark said:
just want to let you guys know that the "Important Information" that's at the top could also be modify to any word you like. and heard you could even write it in html too..............--> oc.com banner! or something like that. i'll try it later when i have time. ;)

btw, just checked setiq's Top 100 server, and mine is at #62 spot! :D

Beat ya to it, but used the OCseti Banner, hope its ok...

Edit: thought I did but the stats reset and I lost it :(

Edit #2: Got it working, and even added a hit counter :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Go3Team

Open userdefault_template_e.htm with your favorite html editor, (I used frontpage). And you pretty much can add what you want, even change the way the stats are shown ( I am guessing ). I added a hit counter and might add more, but since I am the only one using it, I guess it really dosn't matter.

OP
LandShark

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
Jon said:

I created a simple batch file and placed it in my SETIQueue directory. The contents were just:

perl userdefault.pl

(If you don't know how to create a batch file, just open notepad, type in the above and save it with a .bat suffix instead of .txt)

I then made a scheduled even in Task Scheduler for it to run every day and then used Advanced options to run it every 5 minutes for 24 hours. That should run it daily for every 5 minutes as long as you don't set an end time.

I just this minute set that up so I'm not sure it will work the way I want it but there's no reason it shouldn't. The batch file works fine so as long as the scheduler holds its end up, all will be good :]
Jon, just create a batch file and set up the schedule task. however, it didn't update the info tho?

i did see it inside the schedule task, and it did attemp to run every 5 mins, however, the last run time is "never", and the next schedule time did updated to the next 5min....??

in my batch file, it only has "perl userdefault.pl" right?

Go3Team

I got mine to autoupdate, by the way described above. It did'nt work right away, but now its working like a charm. Although when it first started updating itself, the window would'nt close, so I had to dig around the batch files properties a bit.

OP
LandShark

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
it could update when i just double click the batch file. means, the batch file is ok, isn't it? and i've just reset the schedule again, and still no updating......:confused: