• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setting up webserver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natkroll

I was to set up a webserver on my windows xp pro machine. I want to use apache and with cgi php and myql. I have apache 1.3.27 insalled fine, however, cgi is not with it. I need halp adding cgi, php, and mysql.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ThePerfectCore

Red Raccoon Dojo
CGI and PERL are pretty much the same thing - instead of whatever CGI you're trying to install, use PERL.

And read a little of the documentation, everything you need to know is in the manuals.

I will tell you this, though - PHP is a little tricky. There's two things to download, and installer and the actual contents. The installer will setup the directories and a few other things, while the contents include the DLLs and everything else the actual PHP parser needs to work.

Mpegger

Might I suggest Abyss web server? Its free and much easier to use and setup then Apache. Also works fine with PHP, Pearl, CGI, and databases like MySQL.

cyberey66

You can install php as a module. Download the latest version , unzip it into a folder, and follow the instructions. All you have to do is move one dll and one ini file to your systemroot, add the module to your httpd.conf file, and restart apache. It's straighy forward in the install.txt

So far apache has been a straight forward server for me.

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
CGI is an interface that is already supported by apache, so you already have it. You have to figure out what languages you need to support (ie: Perl), then install the compilers and support for them.

cyberey66 gave you the answer for PHP, which should be easy, just download, install and update the config file.

MySQL: Download it, then install it. You may have to add info to httpd.conf (i forget)