• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sgi workstations worht crunching on?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arkan

i have to opertunity to but some old sgi indigo workstations some with the r10000 cpus are these good for seti crunching and what sort of performance would i get out of them?

Good question. A friend of mine owns an office complex and Globix (the guys going out of business) has an office there. My friend offered to waive one month's rent in trade for some of their equipment. I know they've got some sgi stuff and the guy there is a seti person. I'll see if I can find something out from him.

id appreciates it loaded workstations like the indigos are going cheap on ebay and i saw and sgi onyx for 200 bucks the other night complete with 512megs ram

i was thinkinbg of maybe running them in a cluster using linux but that might be better suited for folding@home than seti

Back