• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shady Windows Install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sorin

Alrighty, during a win2k install, it says press F6 for some blah blah blah reason I can't remember. Okay, fine. Well, I've read here and there about people saying "press this to get these options during the install" or "press that to get these options during install.", etc. Windows, of course, does not make these buttons/options known to you. They are invisible and Windows never mentions that there are other possibilities and ways to install.

So my question is, is there a list somewhere of everything you can do during a Win2k install? Like the buttons and options and stuff you can use.

For example, what if someone wanted Win2k to just partition a section of the drive without installing the OS? i.e. partition a blank portion of the drive as NTFS.

Or, what if someone wanted to format the drive and install Win2k using FAT32 instead of NFTS? You are never shown that option, but alledgedly you can do that.

Etc. Anyone?

Xenocide

uh you should be shown those options, to make multiple partitions, and fat32, i always can.. do you have an OEM disk?

OP
Sorin

Sorin

I can do the multi partition just fine, it just doesn't give me any options to either install or not install the OS. I can't just format a new partition using a given file system. It always installs the OS along with doing NTFS. The disc is not OEM, it's a full version.