• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Share internet with two wireless routers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

I have two wireless routers, but no wireless adapters for my two desktops. I wanted to know if there was a way to have one router connect to the other wireless-ly so that both computers can access the internet (file sharing's not necessary). Is this possible?

So far, the only thing I found with using two routers was to connect the wireless one to the one of the ports on the wired one, then you get a wireless access point (cept the routers were wired and wireless, and it didn't really help me anyway :()

skab

I don't think it can be done with these 2 particular routers, there are some routers out there that can be ran as bridges but niether of these have the software of firmware available to do this from what I could find. I've been trying the same thing with each of these in different cases and no luck on my part.

OP
T

Tipycol

Hmm I see. Well thanks for letting me know. Guess I'll try and find a nice cheap network adapter then.

Tipycol