• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Share your Kaby Lake OC results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

v1ks_

i5 7600k first OC attempt

Hi there,

Got my i5 7600k today, played around a little and thought I'd share.
http://valid.x86.fr/p2djy4

Must say I'm quite impressed how high it went compared to my 6500 that I had before, which didn't manage to break 5Ghz no matter what I tried (4993 was max I got). This one went to 5Ghz @1.35V without a problem, but needed a little bump to achieve 5.1Ghz.
Obviously, I've no intention to run this as a 24/7OC and I know temp are on the high side (fans were not set to run at full speed), but yeah... pretty happy.

Since only results I had on PC from my 6500 adventures was some CB15 scores, I used that to see how far i can push it.
6700k4.PNG

I guess that some of you already have KL so anything from Intel's 7 gen CPUs ( 7600K/7700K or even locked series ). Would be nice to have overclocking results in one place instead of many single posts around the forums so share your results here. Also any tips, info about motherboards etc is welcome.

I'm not going to make any list of results but if anyone wishes to make something like that then feel free to start new thread or mods can give rights to edit first post here.

For now I don't have any special results but I will add something in time as I have 7700K.

maybe one quick run for start :)

11.jpg

Last edited:
I've been following the usual tech sites and what they're getting, but it will be interesting to see what people who bought them with their own cash get too. Especially interested in how easy it is to get around 5 GHz.

Nice :thup:
I got 7700K couple of days ago but I had it on Cryorig C7 so I don't have anything special to show for now. Switched to water maybe 30 mins ago.

I'm on a Enermax Liqmax 240 AIO with stock fans, nothing to write home about either... :)

If a mod would be kind enough to move my original post to Woomack's I'd be really greatful. Let's not little this wonderful place with single posts, hehe.

vlks_*,

What's your vcore set to in bios? Manual mode or adaptive? Offset? HWMonitor is showing a VID of 1.203 but there must be more voltage than that to give you package temps of 89c.

vlks_*,

What's your vcore set to in bios? Manual mode or adaptive? Offset? HWMonitor is showing a VID of 1.203 but there must be more voltage than that to give you package temps of 89c.

Hi!

I set vcore to manual and to 1.375V for 5.1Ghz.
I started with vcore manually set to 1.35 and 4.6Ghz. Everything else was left as is, XMP was enabled. For 4.6 and 4.7Ghz I did quick stability test using ROG RealBench. Both runs passed and temps did not exceed 80C. Buuut, since I got to 4.8 so easily, I just decided to see how high I can go before I start crashing. With 1.35V and 5.1Ghz I failed to boot. 1.36V booted up fine, but an app crashed right away (I think it was Overwolf) and system froze when running Cinebench. Since it was late-ish, instead of adding voltage in small increments, I went right to 1.375V and voila - booted fine and survived a couple of CB runs.
As far as temps go... I had all the fans in PWM mode with a custom fan curves set in BIOS. At 80C all the fans should've been spinning at 100%, but they were not. They only boosted up to max speed briefly and the spinned down again. I suspect temps would be nowhere near 90C, had I put them in DC mode and just run them full power.

I'll fix up a sig with rest of the rig...

Here is what I've reached yesterday. Don't know if I find time to play some more today.

Settings that passed HyperPi 32M ( I didn't check voltage below 1.15V ):
4.5GHz 1.15-1.16V
4.6GHz 1.15-1.16V
4.7GHz 1.15-1.16V
4.8GHz 1.180-1.185V
4.9GHz 1.210-1.215V
5.0GHz 1.270-1.280V

Screenshot at 5GHz is below

1135.jpg

This would be great if you kept track... same concern with the other thread using Haswell. What's the use of keeping track if we have to go through dozens of posts and can't see a trend?

Anyway, I'll add my results from the ES...

5GHz 1.41V stable (aiad64 10+ hours - see review)

Nkt a good sample. Seems asus was right and at least so far, these early retails clock better than ES.

I'm on a Enermax Liqmax 240 AIO with stock fans, nothing to write home about either... :)

If a mod would be kind enough to move my original post to Woomack's I'd be really greatful. Let's not little this wonderful place with single posts, hehe.

Done

Not trying for 100% stability here but this one runs pretty well at 5.0 GHz. Cooling it with a single HW 360GTX Rad.

capture085.jpg

This would be great if you kept track... same concern with the other thread using Haswell. What's the use of keeping track if we have to go through dozens of posts and can't see a trend?

Anyway, I'll add my results from the ES...

5GHz 1.41V stable (aiad64 10+ hours - see review)

Nkt a good sample. Seems asus was right and at least so far, these early retails clock better than ES.

After merging threads I can't edit first post and it will be better if someone else keep it up to date as I bet I will have longer breaks.

This is why I didn't merge them after looking into it. Now it's all jacked up. Oh well... a massive thread of results it is!

If there won't be anyone else then I can try to keep it updated with requirements of something like:

CPU + clock/voltage / cooling / motherboard / memory clock / test used to check stability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back