• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sharing a printer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YOO

i have printer in a windows xp machine. can i share the printer with a windows vista and 7 laptops? or are there gonna be issues?

thehacker010

Nope, there is no problem with doing that. In fact, I just added another Windows XP computer to my shared printer that is on a Windows 7 computer a few days ago.

Just add the computers to the same workgroup and make sure the printer is set to be shared. Then, in Windows 7, open "Computer" and click the network button on the left and select the Windows XP computer that has the printer. Connect to the printer and then remember to go to Control Panel->Printers and set it as the default printer.

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
If you are running the 64bit version of those operating systems you may need to download additional drivers, but other than that they should play well together.