• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sharon passed away Saturday morning, Dec. 06.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NedClocker

The funeral was Tuesday morning, the 9th.

December 8th was our 13th wedding anniversary.

On Thanksgiving day, the doctors told us that there were no treatments that could help her. They had tried them all.

Thank you all very much for your prayers, thoughts, and support.
It meant more to me and my family than words can adequately express.

She fought long and hard.

The doctors said she had about 4 months to live.
She lived for 3 years and 4 months.

It's hard to believe she's gone.

Sometimes I think of something I want to ask her or tell her, then it hits me. I cant; she's gone.

RadiationMan

I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family.

*Edit* In memory of Sharon I have changed my avatar and have changed all of my home rigs to fold for Ned_Clocker.

Last edited:

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
I have always felt those who touch our lives so much we can say we love them can never really be gone from us. All you have to do is look inside yourself to find them. You have my condolences as well.
Stephen

OCn00b

She will never be gone as long as you remember her. When you think of something you want to tell her, go ahead and tell her, she'll hear you. As hard as it is to deal with the loss of a loved one, you can rest at night knowing she's in a better place now. Condolences to your and your family from me and my family. We're all very sorry for your loss.

scoobiedoo

Love slave to da man
Ned,

My deepest heartfelt condolencences to you and your family as well as hers.

Atleast now she is at peace and can now rest in peace.

Again bro, your contributions to this project will never be forgotten and you loss is a loss that i'm sure the whole team feels right now.

goodluck to you and hope to see you around here still.

Scoobie

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
The tears and sorrow which fill my heart will never be truly expressed in words on this forum. Nor will it ever compare to the loss you and your family have suffered. I wish you all of the strength, comfort, and love a simple thread can put forth.

As there is nothing more that I can do, I wanted to pay Sharon and yourself a small tribute to update anyone who does not know the history.

Below is a list of threads that brought Sharon into our Folding Team. There have been thousands of words written in love and support for Sharon, Ned, and the rest of their family.

A "Prayers Please" thread from 1-17-03 which is where most of us found out about Neds wonderful wife Sharon. He asked us for our prayers and told us of his families battle. It was also the beginning of the pink ribbon avatars which were a tribute to "fold for Sharon."

A "Thank you and update" thread from 1-21-03 where we first learned of her great resolve to fight when so many other have given in.

We enjoyed another update on 2-12-03 in which we heard of her continued progress.

The words seem to be of little help, but I am so very sorry Ned. Once again, my avatar is changed for Sharon.

Wedo

Last edited:

Melhisedek

Mate I'm really sorry for your loss. I understand how you feel... I have been through same thing 3 times already.

My condolences to you and your family. Hang on there man! I'll light candle when I'm in church on Sunday.

David

Forums Super Moderator
I dont know what I can say, except that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cuda

My wife and I would like to express our sincere condolences to you for your loss Ned. Although I have lost friends and family to cancer, I cannot say that I know how you feel, I cannot even imagine it. The loss of a spouse must be devastating. Again, we are very sorry to hear of your tremendous loss and pray that God will keep you and yours in this most trying of times.

This makes me want to fold harder than ever.

Thespis377

Ned, I know what it's like to lose someone you love to cancer. The pain will go away in time, but the memories will not. Because if you trully love someone then they will be with you forever in your heart. May God Bless you and your family. And know that the folding community is thinking and praying for you and your family.

Fast420A

Ned, We've never really talked but the folding for Sharon avatar's helped to kick up my interest in folding, and seeing this post brings me close to tears as I cannot imagine losing my wife. My prayers go out to you and the rest of your family. Stay strong and fold on!

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
I felt sick when I saw the thread title :( My thoughts, prayers and love are with you and your family Ned. Try to be strong.

bizhar

Ned, You have my deepest sympathies and my thoughts and prayers to help you through this. I lost my mother in 1994 to cancer, reading your post and reading the responses has finally made me stop thinking about folding and just do it. I started today.

Sharkman

I am terribly sorry for your loss Ned. My best friend's father past away a few weeks ago and I saw how it affected his family (and still does). He had his first heart attack about 15 years ago and required a triple bypass. Then about 9 years ago he had to go though a quadruple bypass. About 3 years ago they had to do reconstruction because buildup was still happening. He never really recovered from it. His journey in this world ended the way he wanted with a Military funeral. :(