• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shaved 45mins of my seti times

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RED Hot Machine

Inactive Moderator
I managed to shave 45mins off my times per unit :)

I was having problems with my PSU and 5v line (Only getting 4.46v :eek: ) So I upgraded to an enermax 430w. :D

I'm now running my T/Bird [email protected] (170*9.5) 1.9V Vcore

Dropped my times from 4:30-5 hours to 3:40-3:50.

Seti Loves high FSB :burn:

Last edited:

lonewolf1983

i was running my cpu at stock fsb 133x105.
times were around 4.5 hours

im now running a 164x8.5 fsb and times are still stuck at 4.5 hours
this is really annoying me!
:mad:

OP
RED Hot Machine

RED Hot Machine

Inactive Moderator
I also tweaked my antivirus software. I told it to exclude the seti folder from its scans and that helped aswell.

OP
RED Hot Machine

RED Hot Machine

Inactive Moderator
Yodums said:
Machine.. I hope I get times like what you have once I get my new PSU as well. It's at 4.81 right now! :eek:

Sorry Yodums, I should have been more clear.

I was running at 11.5*141, due to the low 5v line I could not increase the FSB. The new PSU gives me a 5v of 4.91 steady even under load.

4.81 is not a bad 5v line, what PSU are you using at the moment ?

Lonely Raven

If you traded with me please leave me Heatware Sen
I'm glad I'm not the *only* guy that was having 5v problems.

I actually had a KR7A cache in because of low 5v, and that
*was* and Enermax!!

toomnymods

Hehehe to say a enermax is lacking power is like saying a ferrari is slow as a turtle.. Most of these damn mobo manufacters don't know how to properly design a board to where the 5v rail is effecient.. I know a lot of people where having problems on epox 8k7a's and epox admitted to having some minor design flaws with the mobo.. just wish the other mobo manufactures would also follow thier footsteps and admit thier mobos are screwed up and stop pointint the fingers at the psu companys..

deez

RED Hot Machine said:
I also tweaked my antivirus software. I told it to exclude the seti folder from its scans and that helped aswell.

thats a good tip...will have to see if it helps at all

Yodums

My point exactly Machine, my Generic 300watt PSU, sinks to as low as 4.76 sometimes, and I know that my HDD can't take a high FSB, because the PSU is too weak to power the HDD, which may lead to corruption.

OP
RED Hot Machine

RED Hot Machine

Inactive Moderator
deez said:

thats a good tip...will have to see if it helps at all

I can't take credit for that one, its one of the ones from Sir epix on the teams web site (I thinkn that's where i saw it, might have been on the novastar one).

{PMS}fishy

toomnymods said:

ferrari is slow as a turtle..

AHAHA, but they are. Thats another topic. I have the crappiest PSU that came eith my case and its supplies me with 4.95 at load. Its great.