• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shell Shocker: OCZ Vertex 30gb SSD - $105.00

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
correction

Original Price: $164.99
You Save: $40.00

$124.99
($94.99 after $30.00 Mail-In Rebate Card )

yes it was, i was up until 1am and at that time it was $105, so i said i'll pass on it, it will go down to $99 soon enough. can't wait like 5-6 months when the price might do down to maybe 70-80 bucks on a shell shocker day :D

I'd say $20 difference to get it now is worth it for the performance you'll get in those 5-6 months. =P

true, but at this time, i just don't have extra money for them. since the prices are starting to go down, i can start saving up here and there and by the time i have enough $$$ hey... something new might come out with a bit more space than just 30GB for the same price? maybe that 40GB intel drive might come down to $100 per drive. on top of that my DV9500 won't do Raid0 on the laptop, even though i have 2 hdd bays. need to get a used cheap 17" laptop that will do Raid0 on two 30GB SSD :D

I want one of these bad ... but 30GB just isn't enough ... a 60GB would be just enough for Windows/Linux and my games then everything else stored on my velociraptor ... wish I had 200 to get 2 and raid them ... sigh ...

I don't care about the MIR, I never mail the things in. I'm just looking at the base price. $115 is a steal.

it is a steal if newegg don't charge you tax. before the MIR, it comes out to be $135.30 out the door for me. not so good. i'd rather buy a used one off the forums for 100 rather than pay newegg $135. this is just one of those few times that i wished i was not living in sunny San Diego.

it is a steal if newegg don't charge you tax. before the MIR, it comes out to be $135.30 out the door for me. not so good. i'd rather buy a used one off the forums for 100 rather than pay newegg $135. this is just one of those few times that i wished i was not living in sunny San Diego.

On the plus side, my 3-day delivery is your next door delivery.

But, yeah, that doesn't justify it fully.

true, when i did order my BlackOps when they had the deal for $80 shipped+tax of course, i got it in under 20 hrs from the time i ordered. so the delivery is very fast, just don't like the taxes in CA as they are the deal breakers.

Back