• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

She's finaly playing nice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matrix78

well I have here a XP1600 i've had it for a few days and no mater what i did to the FSB my system wouldnt restart after the BIOS change. . . . well i've been running Prime 95 and all the other bench tests hopeing that it would get its burn in going. . . well tonight i tried to up the FSB again and as it stands i'm at a FSB of 166 and a multipier of 10.5 = 1746.86 (locked chip... i really fudged the unloking on this greenie and now its not unlockable :( ) i'm using the 1/5 divider also current temp is 28*C idle and i havent run it long enought to see what it is with a load

System Stats

Abit AT7-Max2
XP 1600
512MB Cosair XMS PC3200
AOpen TI4200 64MB

Tipycol

Ah nice OC...and some say burning in doesn't help ;)

Just curious, what did you mess up on when you tried to unlock your chip? And was it Agioa or Arioa?

Thanks

Tipcyol

OP
Matrix78

Matrix78

she's an Arioa Y and i cleand and redid the fillin job so may times that the green in that spot is gone so is the gold dots now there is just a pit with 2 dots inside the pit for each bridge

i'd really have to say that the burning in helped, for 2 days i tried and all she would do would reset and then die, i'd have to reset the CMOS to get it on again, and that was even with a 1Mhz up in the FSB i couldnt touch the 1/5 divider neither same problem

OP
Matrix78

Matrix78

and now. . . . after a 2 hour burn with Folding my lil XP1600 is running at 1.8GHz thats right XP2200+ with stock votages all around :D 172*10.5

i tried to bumbe it straght to 175*10.5 but i got a blue widows screen so i'll let it burn in here for a few tomorrow and then try it again :D

i'm so geeked!!!

OP
Matrix78

Matrix78

just finished running [email protected] for about 2 hrs and i have now gotten another 100Mhz outta her.... check it out

wCUP.jpg

sandra.jpg

mem.jpg

my memory was running at DDR400 but now on boot up its at 133 in the bios its locked at 166Mhz i cant manualy change it back to 200Mhz anymore??? how do i speed my memory back up now??

any tips on tweeking the BIOS for better performance? i'll be letting it burn in for another few hours then i'm going to go for 190FSB*10.5 :D

The Coolest

Try to find a setting which will set you memory to the speed of the FSB, that will let you run at the speed of 181 or whatever FSB you will select. running at higher memory speeds do next to nothing, so I'd run it at the speed of the FSB anyway

Emericana

you are very lucky AROIA Y's are the best palomino steppings available. my friend has a AROIA Y 0220 and it does 1.9ghz w/ 1.775v only. it does 2ghz at 1.97v and he hasnt tried to push it any higher cause he has air not water