• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Short movie on Assasin's Credd made by same people as "300"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TommyHolly

Did anyone see this? It's pretty cool. It's done in the exact same way as the movie 300 just without all the Spartans and Persians, LOL!

I didn't play the first Assasin's Creed because I heard the storyline was kinda silly. (Something about a time travelling bartender's bloodline?) But this movie they made was really good! I might actually pick this up?

P.S. Is that Hank Azaria as the main character?
EDIT: Rrrrgh I can't go back and change my thread title typo??

Neural Net

I didn't play the first Assasin's Creed because I heard the storyline was kinda silly. (Something about a time travelling bartender's bloodline?)

That's not even close to the Assassin's Creed story. :clap:

It's one of the more interesting stories in video games around at the moment IMO. I know there's A LOT of AC hate out there but personally I loved it. :p

Neuromancer

That's exactly the Assassin's creed story I thought? I got tired of it real quick though... too console for me

Video looks good, will watch it tonight :)

Neural Net

That's exactly the Assassin's creed story I thought? I got tired of it real quick though... too console for me

Video looks good, will watch it tonight :)

Nope, no time travel involved. :comp:

Almost any story can sound crap when it's inaccurately summarized in one sentence. ;)

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Did anyone see this? It's pretty cool. It's done in the exact same way as the movie 300 just without all the Spartans and Persians, LOL!

I didn't play the first Assasin's Creed because I heard the storyline was kinda silly. (Something about a time travelling bartender's bloodline?) But this movie they made was really good! I might actually pick this up?

Finished this last week.... Great game, you missed it for 5 bucks on Steam in Oct.
Unfortunanlty I like it so much I bought the new one for PS3.:rain:

OP
TommyHolly

TommyHolly

Finished this last week.... Great game, you missed it for 5 bucks on Steam in Oct.
Unfortunanlty I like it so much I bought the new one for PS3.:rain:

Are you talking about Assasin's Creed 2? Did the same studios that made the 36 minute Youtube video also make in-game footage?

That movie was more enjoyable and had more depth than anything Hollywood has produced all year.

SteveLord

I enjoyed sitting here watching all those videos. And they did the HD proper too...unlike most YouTube videos.

Neuromancer

Nope, no time travel involved. :comp:

Almost any story can sound crap when it's inaccurately summarized in one sentence. ;)

Ok not "time travel" "transferring his conscious through time and space into relatives a thousand years ago. Better?

And the first game did really suck on PC (then again I am a KB jockey now not a button masher anymore)