• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should have known it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stick00

since its getting warmer here, my fricken temps are jumping up eheh.. I know you guys have the same problem.
i guess watercooled in the winter and peltier in the summer eheh

cjlax5

ya, everyones temps are better in the summer, but not as much mine as some people, living in san diego it dont get too cold.:D it was in the 80's last week

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
You could keep a more stable temp by controlling a pelt's voltage to keep the right temps. Then you don't have the possibility of your OC speed being altered with the seasons.

Robbiem01

I live in michigan! We have such a range in temp here I dont know what i'm going to do when it gets warm. Acutally just now I opened all my windows to cool off my room and its not cooling! Its to warm outside (well i like it but my computer doesn't) The worst is those 80*F days where my computer room is 79*F so opening a window wouldn't help but i could cook my lunch ontop of my computer. Any ideas how to cool my computer better in the summer. We have ac but its like $2 a day to turn on so we only use it if its really hot. I have a hsf setup (no fancy watercooling or pelt stuff.) Any ideas on how to give my computer cool air would be much appreciated. Also, I was wondering if a mini-frige would be able to produce cool air fast enought to neutralize the heat that a 1.4 t-bird creates. Thanks in advance for helping.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I don't think a minifridge would cool it well enough. If you have to decrease your OC a lot and underclock it if it has stability problems. I did this when I was compressing my own music 12 horus a day in 90F+ weather on an Athlon 1333. Cooling it with a Volcano 2 hsf, so that didn't help. Had to underclock it to keep it stable.

Doc_T

Registered
Im just now getting into overclocking and cooling and moved to Virginia 9 months ago, the last 8 years i was in Alaska think of all that wasted ducting i could a done DAMN! hahaa:beer:

OP
Stick00

Stick00

Doc_T said:
Im just now getting into overclocking and cooling and moved to Virginia 9 months ago, the last 8 years i was in Alaska think of all that wasted ducting i could a done DAMN! hahaa:beer:
eheh if you would have known then what you know now..........................lol